1. Sam’s Club: I bought 8 lbs of nuts and a gallon of milk using a gift card from some returned items. Someone please tell me if $5/lb is a good deal for nuts. I have not priced them a lot and it seems high. But nuts are expensive. Hopefully these last us a while.
2. Aldi – Aldi had pineapple on sale for $1.19 each so I bought 2. I also bought 2 bags of tortilla chips for 99 cents each. I almost always buy chips at Aldi. We don’t like their generic Doritos or Fritos much, but their tortilla chips are good! So I spent just under $5 at Aldi.
3. Jewel-Osco…I used our homeschool meeting in Moline as another reason to hit Jewel. Last time I was there I bought the hummus that ended up being free after coupons. Well, I actually had forgotten my coupons but remembered that I could bring them back in for a refund. So, I took them my receipt and $10.50 in coupons and they gave it to me in cash! No questions asked. I also got MORE pasta…I had $1/1 coupons from the 1/23 SS and the Garden Delight was $5/4 so I paid $1 for all four boxes. We love the Mountain High Yogurt so I got it, some milk and some Greek Yogurt I also had coupons for. I paid with $8 RR from Walgreens and $2 in cash.
4. Target…I wanted to get free mascara and cheep cheese at Target, but it didn’t end up being as good as I thought. But I did get that mayo for 4 cents after using the coupon from the 1/23 SS and a Target coupon from here. Target used to have really good deals, but I haven’t found a lot of super duper ones lately. I ended up paying $5.59 for everything in the picture after all of my coupons. Not shabby, but not great.
5. Staples…Okay, not groceries, but one thing I have been working on is getting our company office supplies more cheaply. Staples has a great rewards program and I have Staples $$. I bought everything in the picture using Staples dollars and will get it ALL back in more Staples dollars. Can’t beat that!
6. Walgreens – I had a lot of RR to use up this week because they were expiring. So, I bought some REALLY nasty medicine I wish I wouldn’t have bought and 3 packs of diapers. I use cloth diapers during the day, but disposables at night. This was a cheap way to stock up. I did use up $23 RR, but now I have enough diapers to last a few months and $3 RR left to play with.
7. And, finally, Fareway…They had some great deals on produce and wine! Two things I love. I was just about out of money for the month so I didn’t buy a lot. I did find this Margartia mix (with tequila) for $4.99 and right above it was a form for a $5 rebate. So I bought 2 – in different transactions (one for us, one for in-laws). It’s probably pretty nasty, but it was free. My hubby will try about anything… The wine is not bad – on par with the Winking Owl from Aldi but 50cents a bottle cheaper during this sale. They didn’t have much at all so I asked for a rain-check and got one. I was actually glad to get the rain check as I am out of grocery money for the month!!
I’ll be posting the wrap up from my Eat from the Pantry/Freezer Challenge in a couple days! I’m curious to hear how you did, too, if you participated.