Notice: Undefined index: wwsgd_displaying_excerpt in /hermes/waloraweb082/b2094/moo.simplifylivelovecom/wp-content/plugins/what-would-seth-godin-do/what_would_seth_godin_do.php on line 165
Notice: Undefined index: wwsgd_visits in /hermes/waloraweb082/b2094/moo.simplifylivelovecom/wp-content/plugins/what-would-seth-godin-do/what_would_seth_godin_do.php on line 188
…please understand the facts. I am compelled to blog about this controversial topic today. Bear with me as I step on my soapbox.
Here’s the truth about circumcision:
- Circumcision (in the United States) began in the Victorian Era as a “cure” for masturbation.
- It continued into the 20th century because of “health benefits” that have since been proven false. You can read more here.
- It is NOT currently recommended as a routine procedure by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- According to the CDC, “the incidence of circumcision declined from 56 percent in 2006 to 32.5 percent in 2009. According to these statistics, non-circumcision or genital integrity has become the normal condition among newborn boys in the United States.”
- It hurts – yes, even babies.
- It is very similar to female circumcision, which most Americans would never consider.
- Male circumcision reduces sexual pleasure for both men and women. Read more here.
- Circumcision does NOT prevent HIV.
- Circumcision is cosmetic surgery.
- Babies die from circumcision – 117 babies annually!
Before you decide to circumcise, do your research. Circumcision is not a decision you can “take back.”
NOCIRC is a good place to start.
And now, I will get off my soapbox. Thanks for reading.
While you’re here, enter my Frito-Lay giveaway!