It’s my oldest daughter’s 8th birthday this week! I can’t believe she’s getting so old. She gets to choose some of the weekly menu in honor of her birthday…
I had a major food waste fail this week and ended up throwing out thawed meat that got away from me in the fridge. I hate throwing out food, but throwing out meat really makes me mad at myself. We’re running quite low on meat, too. I’ve ordered a 1/4 local cow and a 1/2 Amish pig, but they won’t be ready for some weeks yet. So I’m trying hard to stretch meat until we get our orders.
The good news is, I have plenty of wheat berries now after my trip to Amishland last week. Butter is stocked too! And I have plenty of oats and raw sugar. We’ll figure something out!
Here’s my plan:
- Homemade Monkey Bread (extra dough balls for the freezer)
- Homemade Yogurt & Granola
- Egg Sandwiches
- Rhubarb Scones (from freezer packets)
- Scrambled Eggs & Cheese x 2
- Baked Oatmeal
- Egg Salad Sandwiches
- PB & J Sandwiches
- Bean burritos
- Grilled Cheese on homemade 9 Grain Bread
- Cucumber Sandwiches (daughter’s choice)
- Southwestern Round Steak – I intended to make this last week, but threw the meat out…I’ve got more in my freezer, though, so we’ll try again.
- Broccoli, Bacon & Cheese Soup in homemade bread bowls
- Layered Quesadillas
- Dinner Out
- Grilling out at our Barn
- Asparagus and Bacon Quiche – I’ve got a bit of asparagus in my garden and my parents are coming up this week – don’t forget to bring fresh asparagus, MOM!
- Homemade Pizza
What are you eating this week?
Linking up: MPM