The folks at Avocados From Mexico just launched a new recipes section on their site “Recipes From Avocado Lovers“ to give foodies who love avocados the opportunity to upload their favorite avocado recipes, download ringtones, wallpapers and other fun items to show their avocado love and discover other fan favorite avocado recipes.
To celebrate, I’m sharing my favorite guacamole recipe! We eat a ton of guacamole at my house. My kids love it, I love it, my husband loves it. Avocados are a great source of Vitamin E, antioxidants, and Vitamin K, and they are high in folate and heart healthy Omega 3s. Some sources claim that they can help regulate blood pressure and lower cholesterol. Now, I’m no doctor and you’ll want to do you own research on the health benefits of avocados for sure, but we love them at my house. Our favorite way to eat them is in guacamole and this is my favorite recipe.
|My Very Favorite Guacamole Recipe||
- 4 avocados
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 – 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 of a large orange, juiced
- pinch of red pepper flakes (or more…)
- sea salt to taste
- Halve and scoop the meat out of 4 avocados. Place in a bowl and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop one bunch of cilantro and add it to the avocados and tomatoes.
- Crush 2 cloves garlic and add it the avocados.
- Juice one lime and 1/3 of a large orange and add it to the avocado mixture.
- Mash everything with a pastry blender to achieve the desired consistency. I prefer mine chunky rather than smooth.
- Add salt and red pepper flakes.
- Tweak with salt and citrus juice until it tastes good!
This is also great with finely chopped red onion. My kids eat it better when I omit the red onion, so I generally leave it out. Boo. You might want to add it!
And our guacamole never lasts long. It is perfect for a quick lunch or as a side to the many Mexican meals we eat at our house: tacos, burritos, fajitas, quesadillas. Don’t you just love guacamole? What’s your favorite way to eat it?