Happy 4th of July! We started the day off with red and blue pancakes. They were fabulous, quick, and easy.
I adapted this recipe from my BHG Prizewinning Recipes Cookbook. It’s one of my go-to cookbooks.
- 3 1/2 cups flour (I used 2 cups freshly ground hard white wheat & 1 1/2 cups all-purpose. Normally I use all hard white wheat, but I’m out of berries.)
- 4 TBS sugar (I use raw)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk or sour milk
- 6 TBS cooking oil
- In a large bowl, stir together all of the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened – batter should still be lumpy.
- Cook over a a lightly greased griddle on medium heat until pancakes are golden brown.
Happy 4th of July to you!! I hope you have a day filled with good food and fun family!
Linking up: Mom on Timeout;