I’m playing catch-up with my organizing this week because we decided at the. last. minute last week to take a spur of the moment weekend trip to Colorado Springs – no small undertaking with 4 kiddos and a 14 hour one-way trip… More on that later!
We got home late Sunday night and I had to catch up on my teaching duties that I neglected during our trip yesterday. Now I have to catch up on blogging and household tasks like meal planning and laundry.
For this week’s menu, I essentially copied over the half of the plan from last week that I wasn’t able to execute and then took another look at my October Meal Board on Pinterest. We’ll see how my whole chicken tastes – it was thawed and since we were leaving and I didn’t have time to cook it, I stuck it back in the freezer. I know you’re not supposed to re-freeze previously thawed meats, but it’s either try that or throw it out. I guess we’ll try.
Here’s what we’re eating this week:
- Homemade Toaster Waffles (extra for the freezer)
- Scones (from freezer packers)
- German Pancakes with homemade buttermilk syrup
- Toast & Smoothies
- Yogurt & Granola
- Eggs & Bacon
- Nachos with homemade refried beans from scratch in under 10 minutes
- Egg Salad sandwiches
- PB & J on homemade 5 grain bread
- Homemade cheesy noodles
- Grilled cheese
- Homemade Rotisserie Chicken
- Homemade Fried Catfish
- Crispy Chicken Tortilla Rollups & Spicy Avocado
- Eggs N’ Hash
- Sausage with Peppers & Pasta
- Meal from my freezer meal exchange group
- Spaghetti & Meatballs (extra meatballs for the freezer)
Linking up: MPM;