Happy Tuesday, Friends! I’ve finally got good news to share about my garden as spring has finally sprung in Eastern Iowa. Check out what’s going on:
- I found the first of the asparagus over the weekend. This is year two for my asparagus patch, so I’m excited to harvest a little bit this year and look forward to year three when I can get it all!
- My tulips finally have little buds on them. It’s only April 14 – ?? I need to write down the date they finally flower so I can compare to next year as I think this is late, but I’m not sure!
- I planted peas, spinach, onions, and kale in the garden but have yet to see anything pop up.
- I do, however, have three rows of gorgeous garlic!
- My rhubarb is starting to leaf out nicely – also year two for it as well.
- And finally, my seedlings are looking pretty good. I can give you a nice update on the difference between using grow lights and not using grow lights as I had a light malfunction this year and took several weeks to take care of it! The difference in seedlings that were under and not under the lights is remarkable! Use grow lights. That’s what I have to say about that.
- On tap for me this week – start hardening off brassicas, plant potatoes, weed the annoying little nuisances that have already starting popping up in my garden before they turn to seed and make a bigger mess.
And now, let’s party!
Tuesday Garden Party – Garden Inspiration for 4/14/2015
It’s Tuesday and time for the Garden Party! Read on to link up your garden inspired posts – recipes, diy, tutorials, and tips & tricks! If you don’t have posts to link up, come keep reading for a big dose of garden inspiration!