Here are the best deals I see. I make this list of my favorites so I can print it out and take it with me. Walmart is usually my favorite place to price-match as they hassle me the least, unless there is meat involved. Then, I price match at Fareway. I find Fareway’s meat to be higher quality than both Walmart and Hy-Vee, so when I buy meat, I tend to go there.
Here are my favorite deals:
At Fareway ~
- Bananas – .38 /lb
- Breyers Ice Cream – $1.99 each – there are .50 coupons here and here, but I am unable to print them. Maybe you’ll have better luck.
- Boneless Whole Pork Loins – $1.88 / lb (avg size 8-10 lbs) – $2 in ad coupon! I’m getting one of these as we love these pork loins.
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast – $1.69 / lb
- Bear Naked Granola – $2.99 – 1 coupon here
- Yellow Onions – .39 / lb
- Jonathon Apples – $1.49 / 3 lb bag (but apples are the number 1 dirtiest fruit for 2011, so beware)
At Aldi ~
- Pears – .50 / lb
- Large Pumpkins – $2.49 ea
At HyVee ~
- Hy-Vee Shredded Cheese – .99 / 6 or 8 ounce bags (2 day sale only Thursday & Friday)
- Charmin TP – 6.98 / 12 double rolls
- Acorn, Butternut, or Spaghetti Squash – .59 /lb
Here’s my price point list – it’s what I refer to before buying groceries so I can stock up on items when they’re at their lowest price. I don’t include a lot of items on here, because I mostly buy whole foods.
I don’t type this out very often because I’m not sure if it’s useful to you. What do think? If you like the price-matching list, leave me a comment and let me know!