A couple years ago, the freezer my parents gave me died. It was a potential disaster. We took clothes baskets full of food out to my in-laws and filled up my own kitchen freezer. Luckily, we found it in time and our food was saved.
Last year, we finally bought a new freezer, and yesterday when I went to get meat out to thaw, I thought it sounded like it was in trouble. Maybe it was my mom sense? Something just seemed off. This freezer has all the bells and whistles – alarms, a digital read out on the front to let us easily see the temperature… BLAH! Last night we played the shuffle the food game again. Again the food is saved, but it’s so frustrating. And we paid good money for this freezer. Shouldn’t they last longer than a year and a half??? On a positive note, the freezer is cleaned out…
There is a point to this diatribe! There are some good deals I would like to take advantage of this week, but I have NO freezer space!
Anyhow, here are the deals I want to take advantage of this week, if I can get my freezer fixed:
Fareway (2 day Sale: Friday May 13 & Saturday May 14)
- Fareway Ice Cream (4.25 Liter Pail) – $3.48 (My ice cream perished in the freezer yesterday)
- 10 lb Bag Chicken Leg Quarters – $3.90 (I cook these down and shred the meat for casseroles. It makes the best broth for soup.)
- John Morrell polish sausage – 99 cents each
- Dozen eggs – 99 cents
- Farmland bacon – $1.99
- Broccoli crowns – 99 cents / lb
- Cucumbers or green bell peppers – 50 cents each
- Whole Seedless Watermelon – $2.88 each
- Skippy Peanut Butter 15-17 oz – 97 cents each
- Grape Tomatoes – 99 cents / pint
- Mushrooms – 49 cents / pack
Hy-Vee (one day sale Friday, May 13)
- Palermo’s Classics Pizza – 6 for $10
- Peter Pan Peanut Butter – $2.97 for 3 pack
- Hy-Vee Tortilla Chips – $1.28
- Pillsbury cake mix – 88 cents
- Greenhouse tomatoes – $1.48 / lb
What did I miss in the ads? Do you see anything that looks good?