This was a favorite of meal of mine when I was a child in Germany. It’s a very versatile recipe – I sometimes make this a vegetarian dish with only mushrooms and zucchini instead of the ham. And bacon instead of ham is also a very nice touch! A Canadian friend just told me that bacon in everything is a very American thing, which cracked me up, but they also use bacon in this dish in Germany. 😉
My husband calls it Pasta ala Michelle because he had never heard of eggs in pasta until he met me. It’s a really nice, simple meal. You might be surprised how tasty it is!
- One pound noodles - your choice
- 2 cups diced, cooked ham
- ½ an onion, thinly sliced and chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cheese
- chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook the noodles, per instructions.
- In a large pan, saute the onions in oil or butter, add the ham and cook until heated.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain and add to the ham/onion mixture.
- Add the 3 eggs and stir until cooked.
- Then add the cheese and give it all a good stir.
- Pour everything into a 9x13 pan, top with chives, and bake until cheese is bubbly ~ about 15 minutes.
Linking up: Full Plate Thursday;